If you have a SoundCloud account, and you are using it to try and break into the music industry as an artist, then there is a chance you could be feeling jaded on it all. Why? Because while SoundCloud is a social media network where many artists have gone before you and become successful, this doesn’t mean that it’s not a challenge.
You are competing with hundreds if not thousands of other people trying to do the same thing, which means that you not only have to figure out how to stand out and be original, but you’ve got to figure out how to market your SoundCloud music. One way to do this is to purchase SoundCloud plays, so that your SoundCloud profile appears to have more social proof, which can attract people to check out your music.
Let’s talk about the pros and cons of buying SoundCloud plays, so you can decide for yourself whether it’s a good marketing strategy or not.
The Pros of Buying SoundCloud Plays
- Buying SoundCloud plays can be a great way to kickstart a song. This means that instead of starting at zero, you have started at a few thousand plays, which is quickly going to boost its momentum, and have more people looking at it.
- They can strengthen your social credibility. If you get an initial boost from SoundCloud plays, this can make your song look very popular, which will attract even more people to listen to it.
- Not only are you going to attract more attention from people using SoundCloud to find new artists but buying SoundCloud plays is also going to attract attention from the media, as well as agents and potential record companies.
- If you purchase SoundCloud plays, there’s a good chance that you can go viral. While of course this isn’t always guaranteed, you definitely increase your chances of going viral with SoundCloud plays.
- It encourages conversation about your music, and gets people talking. If you want people to further interact with your music, you can also purchase likes and comments.
The Cons of Buying SoundCloud Plays
- The majority of the time, SoundCloud plays aren’t targeted. This means that while it might increase your play count, you are not in control of who is listening to your music, or whether they are actually going to like it.
- Most of the time, buying SoundCloud plays is only intended to boost your play account and nothing else, which means that you still have to market your SoundCloud music. Of course, there are some exceptions out there, but generally speaking this isn’t a one-and-done kind of deal.
- It isn’t exactly widely accepted to purchase your SoundCloud plays, which means that if you do you will have to keep quiet about it.
- In the world of SoundCloud and the rest of social media, there are scams everywhere. This means that a lot of the companies out there that you see who are selling SoundCloud plays to their clients are nothing more than a scam, and are either selling fake plays, or trying to glean their personal information which they can sell onto a third-party company.
So, there you have it – succinct lists of the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing SoundCloud plays for your account. As you can see, there are just as many advantages to purchasing SoundCloud plays as there are disadvantages, which makes your decision pretty hard. However, it is worth knowing that there are a lot of companies out there that have your best interests at heart and won’t scam you or steal your personal information.
At the end of the day, it’s completely up to you how you market your music on SoundCloud, just know that you’ll have to put in additional work beyond purchasing our SoundCloud plays. Good luck!